In partnership with the City of Whitehorse, the Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce manages and facilitates the Planter Box Program, which operates annually from June to September. The program provides local businesses the opportunity to advertise their products and services, while enhancing the aesthetic value of our beautiful wilderness city.
Businesses pay a one-time fee and are then permitted to place weatherproof signs on planter boxes in a manner that does not detract from the beauty of the boxes. The planter boxes will be distributed throughout the downtown core of Whitehorse and maintained from June through September. Businesses may reserve a spot beginning in April, and locations will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Corner Planter Box (best for advertising) SOLD OUT
Advertising Cost: $350.00
Permitted sign: up to four (4) weatherproof signs | Permitted sign size: 23” x 24”
Rectangular Planter Box (better for enhancing the front of a business) SOLD OUT
Advertising Cost: $250.00
Permitted sign: one (1) weatherproof sign | Permitted size: 35” x 15”
- Each business can reserve one planter box. The business can choose what type of box and the location of the planter box they wish to place an advertisement. *These will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If space remains available, businesses may sign up for up to two boxes. Some restrictions apply.
- The program is open to all Whitehorse businesses, however first priority will be given to WCC members.
- Weatherproof signage may be placed on one (1) side for a rectangular planter box and one (1) or all four (4) sides of corner planter boxes, in a manner that does not detract from the beauty of the boxes.
- WCC will notify each business prior to placement of the planter boxes.
- The City of Whitehorse will be providing staff and equipment to help deliver, maintain and remove the planter boxes following the end of the program. Putting up and taking down signage on the boxes will be the responsibility of each business.
- The fees to reserve your planter box(es) are payable to the Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce and invoices are due prior to delivery. Failure to make a payment will result in cancellation of the planter box advertising and boxes will be offered to the next available business.
WCC thanks the Department of Economic Development, Government of Yukon, for providing Community Development funding to refurbish the planter boxes.