The Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce is the only Chamber in the North to have achieved accreditation from the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. This puts us in the top 18% of all of the Chambers in the Country. Many business people and entrepreneurs realize the value of the benefits offered by the Chamber to their businesses, but below is just a partial list of those benefits.
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan – operated by Yukon Benefits;
- Preferred rates on Visa, MasterCard and debit transactions through First Data;
- UPS Shipping Discounts;
- Business After Hours and many networking opportunities;
- Reduced rate on Advertising Opportunity
- Buy Local – ‘Look Inside’ Campaign;
- Yukon Business Development Program
- Professional Development Seminars, Workshops and Courses:
- Financial Management for New Businesses - presented by Crowe MacKay LLP
- Marketing Communications 101 - presented by Aasman Brand Communications
- Digital Marketing 202 - presented by Aasman Brand Communications
- Human Resources 101- presented by Visionary Seeds Inc.
- Human Resources 202 - presented by Visionary Seeds Inc.
- Advanced Financial Management - presented by the BDO Canada
- Business Succession Planning - presented by Ylynx Management Consulting Inc.
- Customer Service and Satisfaction - presented by Lauren Manekin Beille, (co)space
Thanks to the funding from YG’s Department of Economic Development the cost of these programs is very affordable for small businesses.
- An important part of the Chamber’s mandate is to speak for business to governments at all levels;
- The Chamber also has representation on boards and committees to ensure the business perspective is included in the decision-making process - presenting business perspectives on issues such as procurement, land development & housing issues, City of Whitehorse waste management, City budgeting processes, property tax, economic development issues, making Whitehorse more business friendly and parking, to name a few;
- Developing partnerships to benefit business: The Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce has ongoing partnerships with a number of Associations as well as Yukon Government Departments to represent the interests of the business community;
- Day in and day out we respond to phone calls and drop-ins answering questions and putting people in touch with your business;
- The Chamber assists businesses to dialogue with the Yukon Government with issues such as Labour Standards, Human Rights and the WCB.
We are here to help you if and when you need it. When a business joins the Chamber they can learn about issues that affect business, and add their voice to the Chamber’s efforts to address them. Equally important is that the Chamber can support you on the issues that concern your business.
When a business joins the Chamber, they help make their community and their business healthy and prosperous. We are much stronger if we stand together, working together works.