Competition #: 4N22-062
Wage: $21.00 per hour
Type of Work: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Closing Date: June 30, 2022
Air North, Yukon’s Airline has always taken pride in providing the most authentic Yukon hospitality experience to all its customers. In 2020 Air North, Yukon’s Airline was named the best airline in Canada on Trip Advisor. This is a testament to the dedication and hard work of Air North’s employees and the loyalty of their customers.
It’s not just about answering phone calls and booking tickets or responding to inquiries. It’s about the excitement when speaking with the sweet elderly man flying to see his granddaughter for the first time, or the compassion when a young couple needs to get to an ill family member on the next available flight. This is an especially important as the Yukon starts to open its boarders. Often as the initial point of contact, our Reservations Sales Agents provide some of the friendliest and caring customer service in the industry. With the thousands of phone calls handled each year, the Call Centre is a hub of energy and activity, and requires knowledge of the entire company and its operations. A positive, professional attitude and the ability to work in a team environment are required in this fast-paced environment.
Would you describe yourself as having:
- Excellent written/oral communication skills with strong listening skills
- Exceptional organizational, time management and exceptional attention to details skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Able to deal with constant interruptions, distractions, time pressure and concurrent demands
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Additional languages desirable
- Natural ability to establish rapport with people over the telephone
- Strong computer/keyboarding skills (MS Word, Excel; ETARs an asset)
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to empathize with customers
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work efficiently under demanding time constraints
- Must demonstrate a passion for providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to make a customer’s experience friendly, fun and memorable
- Most importantly, a good sense of humour and likes to have fun
Qualifications/Conditions of Employment:
- Grade 12 High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to perform all duties under stressful conditions beyond the employee’s control
- Must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or show proof of right to work in Canada
- Minimum two (2) years of customer service experience
- Previous reservations or call center experience an asset
How to Apply:
Quoting competition #4N22-062, please submit your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department to:
Email: [email protected]
In Person: Air North Office, 150 Condor Road, Whitehorse, Yukon
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position. Due to the substantial volume of applications, we receive, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Air North is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from diverse and underrepresented groups. If you require assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact [email protected].
Air North, Yukon's Airline has been serving Yukoners for over 40 years. We offer competitive wages, an attractive benefits package including great travel perks, and an enriching work environment for our 450+ employees.