Task description: Safe at Home Society is seeking creative-minded, housing-focused, strengths-based board members to join our diverse and inclusive Board of Directors!
Safe at Home is a fast growing non-profit Society with a mission to end and prevent homelessness through the provision of a coordinated, intentional, and person-centered continuum of housing and supports for individuals who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness.
Although Safe at Home is a new society, our roots are community-based since 2017. We are focused on engaging the voices of those with lived/living experience of homelessness and championing the need for greater Indigenous representation in Safe at Home's work. We are actively engaged in coordinating the end to homelessness with community partners by addressing the gaps and barriers vulnerable people face.
- Providing strategic direction and support to the Executive Director and the rapidly growing team at Safe at Home
- Attend monthly board meetings in-person or virtually and follow email communications as needed
- Bring your solutions, energy, passion and commitment to end homelessness
- Past/current Board of Director experience ideal but not essential
- We welcome any skill set but are focused on HR, financial, construction/development, policy, and legal support for the organization
- Lived/living experience of homelessness absolutely welcomed
- Those who identify as Indigenous are encouraged to join
- Happy to support youth representation on our Board
Time commitment: 4-6 hours monthly depending on nature of your role on the Board
Incentive for the volunteer:
- Board training and professional development opportunities will be offered/provided on an ongoing basis.
- Being a part of Safe at Home will loop you into the momentum and best practices around how we are ending homelessness locally as a part of a national movement.
- You get to inform an impact organization and be a part of a community-based initiative to end homelessness in your community.
Safe at Home Society