- Responsible for office bookkeeping, filing, administration, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Coordinate with suppliers and sales/service departments when needed to resolve invoices or accounts.
- Bookkeeping experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to learn/use a variety of online and in-house systems
- LightSpeed - Point of Sale (service, ordering, inventory)
- AccountEdge - Bookkeeping, accounts payable.
- Online Systems - various ways of ordering from different vendors
- Use of email/Wiki/messaging/Phone/ to communicate with staff and vendors for purpose of reconciling accounts.
- Ability to improve procedures and workflow
- Ability to generate monthly statements
- Weekly attention to accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Ability to find identify lost revenue in various accounts (i.e. return part not received by Apple Service)
- Initial Training Requirements:
- Complete basic POS (Lightspeed) training (in order to export sales data)
- Complete basic GSX training (to be able to view invoices)
- File invoices daily and weekly
- Enter and file supplier invoices
- Confirm supplier invoices when shipments received (coordinate with sales manager).
- Organize, enter and file incoming mail.
- Assist in bi-monthly payroll, remittence, paying monthly GST and corporate taxes.
- Identify issues with customer and supplier invoices and coordinate with other staff to resolve or escalate.
- Reconcile Visa and banking accounts
- Ensure visa slips are filed
- Ensure supplier invoices and all bills are filed.
- Update and follow filing and bookkeeping procedures
- Assist with basic sales when needed
- Assist in preparing deposits.
- Another language is an asset
Administration and Clerical