Department: Infrastructure – Learning CentreTemporary Assignments will be considered for this opportunity
Reporting to the Learning Centre Facility Manager, the Meeting and Events Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing all events held at the Carcross/Tagish Learning Centre. He/she will also develop, build and maintain relationships with various community user groups and other event-based organizations throughout the Yukon.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Under the direction of the Facility Manager, coordinate and support all events for C/TFN departments, special events bookings
- Ensure all event permits are acquired prior to and during events; and assist with other agencies as required
- Network and support all clients and potential clients on a daily basis
- Book, organize, plan and implement events, including receiving and directing rental inquiries, managing the overall booking calendar, conducting rental tours, coordinating event intakes, creating event/production schedules, quotes and contracts, updating event paperwork, and communicating with clients
- Design and layout forms/brochure and media communication media for events
- Marketing, business administration, or tourism related degree/diploma and/or
- 1-2 years of recent experience
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices including document, filing, file follow-up and information research, computer and related skills
- Ability to draft and respond to a variety of correspondence
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Proactive problem-solver that can manage difficult situations with positive results
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Completion of Peacemaking Circle Training is encouraged and will be considered an asset
- Must have and maintain a valid class 5 Yukon Drives License;
- Must submit a recent criminal records check;
- Must be willing and able to travel both in and outside of Yukon
- No compensation will be given for moving costs and applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Job descriptions are available from C/TFN Human Resource Department
- For more information and to see additional employment opportunities, please visit our website at: www.ctfn.ca/employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
PLEASE QUOTE THE COMPETITION TITLE ON YOUR APPLICATION WHEN APPLYING.
APPLICATIONS/RESUMES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
Carcross/Tagish First Nation
Human Resources Department
Box 130, Carcross, Yukon Y0B 1B0
Phone: (867) 821-4251 Ext 8269
Email: [email protected]