I. Position Title
II. Position Summary
- Needs to assemble, maintain and repair machinery and vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems.
- An excellent mechanic must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Maintain working area, shop and outside pads in a clean, uncluttered condition daily.
- Maintain all hand tools, power tools and equipment in accordance to the specifications of the manufacturer.
- Greet Customers in a friendly and enthusiastic manner and look after their needs and concerns to the best of your ability.
- Answer telephones in a courteous and helpful manner when necessary according to the Integra Tire customer service standards.
- Use a torque wrench of known accuracy to torque all wheels on to vehicles as per training manual standards.
- Receive inventory and check the accuracy of all shipments.
- Uphold the Integra Tire image in all dealings with Customers and while driving company vehicles.
- Wear appropriate Corporate approved clothing.
- Undertake training as per the Customer Service modules and product knowledge courses put on from time to time
- Perform his/her duties in a safety conscious manner that protects all employees and customers from injury and/or damage to property, both company and 3'd party.
- Provide assistance to co-workers on an ongoing basis as and when required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Be able to operate the computer storefront procedures as taught by the store assistant manager or manager.
IV. Reporting Structure
- Reports to Mechanical Manager
V. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience as Mechanic or Apprentice
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, diagnostic tables, wiring schematics etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
- Valid certification (e.g Red Seal) is preferred
- Ability to work with colleagues in a co-operative manner
- Ability to deal with the public
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties and responsibilities as described
- Valid Yukon Driver’s License required
Trades & Labour