Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Strategic Lead of Corporate Services, the HR Manager is responsible for leading a team of ~4 in the generalist HR function including employee relations, staffing and retention, training and development, health and safety, performance management, HR records management, group benefit plans and compensation.
Preference is for the right candidate to be located in Old Crow, however some remote work may be considered.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizational human resource strategy.
- Participates with peers in the review, development and administration of relevant frameworks, policies, processes and procedures.
- Leads and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department
- Provides support and guidance to HR staff, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive issues arise and may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances (e.g. investigations, terminations).
- Oversees the recruitment process and directly manages the talent acquisition process for managerial and professional roles.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and performance pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Oversees learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Leads the health and safety program.
- Ensures VGG maintains compliance with employment laws and regulations, recommends best practices and reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Post-secondary education in business, human resources management or related field
- 5+ years working at the generalist managerial human resources level
- Knowledge of First Nation social structure, traditions, language and cultural values as well as Federal and Territorial Government related programs, regulations and procedures is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the Canada Labour Code, Human Rights and Privacy Legislations
- High degree of problem solving, initiative, creativity and judgment
- Strong emotional capacity and interpersonal skills with a strong client orientation
- Strong conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Ability to convey complex information in an understandable and engaging way to a diverse audience both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to participate as a team player and team leader
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Qualifications and Preferred Experience:
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please submit a cover letter and resume (one document) to:
Human Resources Department, Vuntut Gwitchin Government
Email: [email protected]