CORE Environmental Consulting Inc. has an immediate need for an Environmental Scientist/Engineer or Technologist for a field position in one of Edmonton, Whitehorse (YT) or Yellowknife (NWT). This role is mainly field focused, working on a variety of sites.
The work requires technical knowledge in the areas of soil science, groundwater monitoring and sampling, remediation techniques and, provincial/territorial and federal environmental regulations. Knowledge in the fields of hazardous waste and building materials would be considered assets. This position will include some minor office project duties with the majority being field work based.
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma with a focus on Environmental Science.
- Strong safety sense.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant field experience.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Experience with Phase I, II, ground and surface water sampling, remediation field programs and, hazardous and building materials assessments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and completing deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Contractor management experience.
- High capacity with a can-do, positive attitude and an ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Experience with environmental chemistry.
- Understanding of provincial, territorial and federal environmental guidelines and regulations.
- Experience working in northern Canada.
- Registration or eligibility for P.Biol., P.Ag, P.Eng., P.Geo, or ASET considered an asset.
Please submit your resume to: [email protected]