Solvest – who we are:
Solvest began operations in the Yukon in 2015 and we have since established ourselves as the standard for renewable energy services in Northern and remote regions. Our core values are Innovative, Trusted, Empower, Tenacious, and Stewardship.
What we offer:
● A people-focused workplace; our employees are the center of our culture!
● A chance to contribute to a greener and more inclusive future.
● Working with a great team.
● We promote from within.
● Work / life balance.
● Competitive compensation.
● Fun team building events.
● Variety of benefits.
Solvest is seeking one permanent Red Seal Electrician to join the team. Solvest electricians work on solar photovoltaic installations throughout the Yukon, Northwest Territories (NWT), and Nunavut. Electricians work directly with Solvest construction teams to install solar systems of various sizes across Northern Canada.
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Starting Wage: $40 per hour + frequent overtime + annual performance bonus
Benefits: Employer paid Health and Dental Benefits; 5 paid sick days per year; paid vacation; employer paid gym membership
The chosen applicant will be trained and expected to perform the following tasks:
● Conduct all electrical work, both conventional and renewable energy specific, in compliance with the current Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) and applicable OHS regulations.
● Work with the Solvest Operations Team to install renewable energy systems at residential, commercial, and utility scales, throughout Northern Canada.
● Mentor and train electrical apprentices and installation teams.
● Review electrical drawings and schematics with management prior to applying for permits.
● Troubleshoot malfunctioning grid tied and off grid renewable energy systems.
● Review drawings and schematics, obtain electrical permits in Solvest’s name, liaise with electrical inspectors, and apply for final inspections upon completion of permitted projects.
● Commission residential and commercial solar systems including online monitoring, system performance, safety, client understanding and awareness, and QA/QC.
● Complete all work in a timely manner and notify the Electrical Superintendent of any delays that will take additional time to address.
● Ensure the worksite is clean, organized, and safe at all times.
● Be respectful and polite to clients, other contractors, and members of the community.
● Must be a certified Red Seal electrician.
● Experience in residential and small commercial electrical is required.
● Experience working on energized equipment is required.
● Exceptional people and social skills.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Ability to work independently and pivot working priorities to meet multiple demands with little supervision.
● Ability to provide high levels of service consistently.
● Experience in successfully negotiating solutions to complex problems.
● Class 5 (or above) valid driver’s license.
● Previous solar experience would be considered an asset.
● Must be willing to work at heights – Fall Arrest Training will be provided
● Must wear all required PPE
● Must be willing to travel to communities
● Background Check
How to Apply:
Quoting the position title, please submit your resume and cover letter to the HR Department at [email protected] .
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.