Solvest – who we are:
Solvest began operations in the Yukon in 2015 and we have since established ourselves as the standard for renewable energy services in Northern and remote regions. Our core values are Innovation, Trust, Empowerment and Tenacity.
What we offer:
• A people-focused workplace; our employees are the center of our culture.
• A chance to contribute to a greener and more inclusive future.
• Working with a great team.
• We promote from within.
• Work / life balance.
• Competitive compensation.
• Fun team building events.
• Variety of benefits.
Solvest is seeking multiple permanent seasonal Crew Chiefs to join our team for our upcoming busy and exciting season! Crew Chiefs are responsible for supervising Solar Technicians in installing residential, commercial, and utility scale solar and energy storage projects. Work includes working at heights and assisting electricians when required.
Employment Status: Permanent Seasonal Full Time – 40 hours per week + frequent overtime; Starting March / April
Wage Range: $29 - $34 per hour (based on experience) + annual bonus based on company/individual performance
Benefits: Employer paid Health and Dental Benefits, paid sick leave, paid vacation leave, employer paid Headspace and gym membership, and more!
The chosen candidates will be trained and expected to perform the following tasks:
• Supervise and coordinate teams of Solar Technicians in installing solar photovoltaic systems at various worksites, including setting up the job sites to allow for safe and efficient workflows.
• Install solar photovoltaic systems at various worksites. Install all components in keeping with Solvest’s training standards and industry best practices as well as product installation manuals. All electrical aspects of the project are directly supervised by the crew Electrician.
• Conduct Employee Development Meetings (EDMs) with each crew member to discuss their goals, learning, performance issues, and resolve any problems they are experiencing.
• Supervise and coordinate the setting up scaffolding and ladder systems in keeping with safety standards to allow for safe access to working roof surfaces.
• Supervise and coordinate the installation of ground mount – Nuance Racking – including installing the earth anchors and testing each anchor with the load locker.
• Responsible for coordinating the layout of the solar racking to match the design standards.
• Identify potential improvements to the installation processes and discuss them with the Installation Foreman and Electrical Superintendent.
• Work with the crew electrician to commission and test each installation according to Solvest and manufacturer installation guides.
• Provide clients with a walk through of their system ensuring they understand how it works as per the Solvest commissioning guide.
• Other tasks assigned as part of the Crew Chief position agreement.
• Experience supervising a team.
• Excellent people skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Willingness to learn.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability work with basic hand tools.
• Punctual, ready and fit to work.
• Previous solar experience would be considered an asset.
• Must be willing to work at heights – Fall Arrest Training will be provided.
• Must be willing to wear all required PPE including safety glasses, ear plugs, steel toed boots, gloves and Hi-Vis vest.
• Must be willing to travel to communities.
• Valid driver’s license with at least 3 years of driving experience.
• Background Check
How to Apply:
Quoting the position title, please submit your resume and cover letter to the HR Department at dgajjarsolvest.ca .
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Solvest is an inclusive equal employment opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status or disability.