Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. This is the mantra of Alpine Bakery.
Opened more than 30 years ago, the Alpine Bakery is one of the oldest food establishments in the Yukon. We are much more than a bakery offering artisanal bread and pastries. We also offer delicious vegetarian and vegan fresh meal options, beverages, homemade goods and a cozy café.
100% of what we offer is made from quality organic ingredients, which are better for the environment and healthier for people.
The bakery is run as a social enterprise. Our vision includes promoting and encouraging social and environmental well being, as well as social change.
We are looking for like-minded people.
At the moment we are looking for someone who is able/willing to work 40 hours per week and will make a commitment for a period of a year or more.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• operate cash register, serve customers and take customers orders
• preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks along with bread and baked goods
• portion, assemble, and wrap food or place it directly on plates for service to customers, and package take-out food
• promote all our organic baked goods and other organic homemade products by educating customers: i.e. explain different grains and flours, different breads, etc.
• answer phone and take orders for bread, baked goods, room rental and catering
• use equipment to prepare hot beverages such as coffee and tea specialties
• stock refrigerators and keep records of the quantities of food used
• clear and clean tables and display
• replenish condiments and other supplies
• wash dishes
• balance daily float
• perform other duties
• Languages: English (German, French, Japanese, an asset)
• Education: High School degree or equivalent
• Experience: 6 months related experience an asset (but will train the right person)
• Personal Suitability: Team player, reliable, efficient, interpersonal skills
$16/h + benefits