Computer Service Technician - NOC 2242
Reports to: Service Manager
A technician is required to execute both the company's and Apple's service program. The position emphasizes skill-sets in the areas of customer support, troubleshooting and resolution, diagnosis, and repair of both hardware and software issues. The technician’s primary role will be to accurately diagnose and repair products. The technician is also required to keep the customer up-to-date with the status during the course of the repair while demonstrating excellent customer service skills and communication.
1. Familiar and enthusiastic about Apple software and hardware.
2. Ability to complete repairs and tasks efficiently and with minimal supervision.
3. Good communication skills.
4. Experience in computer repair.
5. Ensure customer data and property is properly secured and protected.
6. English proficiency adequate to provide clear repair status updates to customers on work-orders, via email and phone.
7. Complete basic Apple GSX courses within 60 days of starting position (courses provided).
8. Complete Apple Sales Training (APP) within 30 days of starting position.
9. Ability to handle stress and assist in meeting weekly and monthly metrics.
10. Desire to live in the Yukon.
11. Canadians and Permanent Residents only.
12. Completion of a two- to three-year college program in electronics or completion of a four-year apprenticeship program in electronic servicing and repair or completion of high school or college courses in electronics and on-the-job training is required.
1. Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Apple computers and related equipment.
2. Follow company and Apple procedures/guidelines and provide communication/feedback when required.
3. Keep confidential Apple and company information, resources and procedures secure.
4. Provide clear and timely updates to customer with repairs.
5. Ensure workstations and shared areas are kept organized and all customer items are labeled.
6. Ensure all repairs are properly tested and cleaned prior to customer being contacted.
7. Escalate repairs to manager when required in a timely fashion.
8. Keep updated on new service requirements and updates from Apple.
9. Work efficiently and professionally with service manager and all staff.
10. Initial Training Requirements:
▪ Complete Apple Sales Training Online to level of APP (Apple Product Professional)
▪ Complete AppleCare GSX Training
▪ Review Supplemental GSX Training
▪ Complete Apple Service Toolkit Training
▪ Apple Service Toolkit Training
▪ AST Reference Guide
▪ AST Webcasts
▪ AST Videos
▪ Review Authorized Service Provider Manual within two weeks
▪ Review AppleCare Assessments
11. Apple Certified Technician (current or in progress and to be completed within 1 year)
1. Complete Hardware Certification Courses - AppleCare Service Training
2. Complete Mac OS Certification Courses - AppleCare Service Training