- Installs and maintains telephone jacks and outside wiring
- Ensures Installation and repairs are completed in a timely manner to meet customer needs and requirements
- Install, maintain and collect coins from payphones
- Connect telephone lines in local exchanges and servicing high speed data circuits
- Ability to work with other technicians when they are in the community
- Ability to work with remote assistance to help resolve Central Office Issues and alarms
- Maintain a clean and safe working site and follow safety practices
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of Grade 10 education with reading and writing skills
- Must be experienced in using a computer
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and on a team
- Must have own transportation (skidoo, 4 wheeler, truck)
- Must be physically capable of performing the job duties(climbing poles, working on ladders, outdoors)
- Must be able to travel for training
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.