NND Summit Camp Services is recruiting for a wide range of catering positions at Victoria Gold’s, Eagle Gold Project, near Mayo, Yukon. We offer an inclusive working environment, competitive wages and a benefits package available following probationary period. Preference will be given to qualified local and Yukon residents.
Primary Role: Housekeeper are responsible for cleaning of guest rooms, laundry, and all common areas of camp.
· WHMIS and First Aid Level 1
· Housekeeping experience working in a camp or hotel preferred
· Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to employment and work/live in a drug and alcohol free camp environment for up to 4 weeks at a time.
Personal Attributes & Skills:
· Must have a strong sense of discretion and honesty
· Highly motivated to create a safe, clean and well organized environment for clients and staff
· Positive, flexible and professional attitude at all times
· Capable of working as part of a closely knit team
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good organization and time management skills
· Reliable, punctual, consistent
· Professional image with good personal hygiene
· Must be able to lift, move, push, pull, and carry up to 50 lbs
· Good physical stamina; capable of working long hours on your feet, including bending, crouching and kneeling. This is a physically demanding job.
· Must be able to live in a remote camp environment for up to 4 weeks at a time
· Practice safe work procedures and rectify and/or report any safety hazards immediately
· Perform daily housekeeping service in sleeping quarters
· Wash, fold, and store all housekeeping laundry (towels, sheets, blankets, etc.)
· Tidy and vacuum or sweep and mop all public areas daily. These areas include, but are not limited to: Rec Room, Dormitory hallways, Laundry Rooms, Mudrooms/Dry Rooms, and Dining Hall
· Change garbage and recycling bins daily
· Thoroughly clean, sanitize and restock all washrooms daily
· Keep all storage areas and cleaning supplies organized and stocked
· Keep notes and report any discrepancies between Housekeeping Sheet and room occupancy
· Manage and track Lost and Found items
· Report any maintenance or supply issues to supervisor promptly
Practice safe work procedures and rectify or report any safety hazards immediately