The City of Dawson is seeking applications for a Building Maintenance Technician. Reporting to the Asset & Project Manager, the Building Maintenance Technician is tasked with performing all the required Operation and Maintenance on the City of Dawson Buildings and Building Systems and to hire and oversee contractors as needed
If this position interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating the qualifications outlined below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide.
- Grade 12 graduation
- Post-secondary education in the trades sector or equivalent
- Certification or proficiency in carpentry, plumbing, electricity and mechanics
- Certification in Building Maintenance Field or equivalent
- Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Certification in Confined Space Entry and Fall Arrest
- Standard First Aid
- Computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Discretion, tact, compassion and good judgement
- Ability to resolve conflicts and foster unity
- Ability to work effectively alone and as part of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff, and the public
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to explain situations such as loss of service to the public in sometimes hostile situations
A job description is available upon request.
Closing Date: A current resume and cover letter must be received at the City of Dawson Administration Building by 2:00 pm on Friday, July 3, 2020. Applications to this position may be submitted by mail or email to the following:
Amanda King, Human ResourcesPO Box 308Dawson City, Yukon Y0B 1G0[email protected]cityofdawson.ca
Salary & Benefits: This is a Union position, salary and benefits shall be in accordance with the Collective Agreement. The position is classified as level 4 with a salary range of $62,544 – $75,055 plus benefits.
In accordance with the Collective Agreement, internal candidates will be given first consideration.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about our community and what we have to offer please visit our website at www.cityofdawson.ca