We currently have an exciting opportunity for a skilled automotive technician to join our busy Ford dealership currently celebrating 52 years serving the Yukon and surrounding communities. Why not make the move to Whitehorse! Known as The Wilderness City there are numerous recreation opportunities, including a beautiful sports complex, x-country and downhill skiing, hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, golfing, hiking, canoeing, boating, and of course amazing wildlife. We also have a beautiful Arts Centre and a thriving Arts & Cultural community. Whitehorse is the ideal place to raise a family and build a successful career.
- Hourly rates from $39.75 -49.00/hour flat rate
- Production bonuses up to $4/hour
- Annual retention bonus
- Northern Residents Travel Allowance
- Excellent Benefits and Pension Plan
- Moving allowance if required
- Signing Bonus
- Customer pay work that is over 70% of our business
- Excellent off-the-shelf parts inventory with over 93% fill rate
- Excellent work/life balance
- Open communication with team members
Job Details Overview
- Inspect vehicle engine & mechanical/electrical components to accurately diagnose issues
- Dismantle faulty assemblies and repair or replace worn or damaged parts.
- Reassemble, adjust, and test the repaired mechanism.
- Perform scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrication and tune-ups.
- Test drive vehicles as necessary
- 40 hours/week
- Red Seal Journeyman Certificate (or equivalent)
- 3-5 years experience as automotive technician
- Experience with diesel engine repairs welcome – premium hourly pay scale
- Valid Driver’s license
- Domestic (Ford) experience an asset
- Dependable with positive attitude
- Good communication and organization skills