Job posting closes: Friday , June 12, 2020 at 11:00 PM (PST)
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Assistant, Technical Support
Job Code: 997
Department: Business and Technology Systems
Under the general direction of the Manager Business and Technology Systems, the incumbent will provide general support to the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and assistance for all City employees and authorized users with regards to computer workstation hardware (desktop or laptop), mobile devices (tablets, phones, radios, etc.), software and applications, network connections, printers and peripheral devices, and related IT equipment.
- Support and assist employees and users by correctly diagnosing and identifying computer problems; researching answers and solutions to computer problems; and guiding employees and users through corrective steps (troubleshooting).
- Deliver IT services requested by employees and users, such as installation, configuration, upgrade, etc of hardware and software.
- Perform inventory of IT assets and systems (equipment, hardware, software and applications, licenses, etc.). Collect, record, and update equipment data, physical location, and other relevant information in the designated ITSM systems.
- Compile Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), metrics, statistics. Prepare and maintain systems documentation (diagrams, charts, plans, etc.) and reports for IT projects, services, processes, systems and application.
- Assist in the implementation of IT projects, services, processes, and the deployment of systems and application.
This description contains the elements necessary for the identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
CATEGORY *Business, Finance & Admin
Considerable work is performed under normal office conditions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Currently enrolled in post secondary education in a computer related program.
- Class 5 Driver's License.
- Excellent skills relating to communications, team building, liaise with stakeholders, human relations, and problem solving.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Computer hardware such as: Desktop and laptop computers and peripherals, printers and network hardware.Computer software such as: Microsoft desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, current Municipal software suite, Microsoft network operating systems.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/departments/human-resources/how-to-apply. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process. At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.
The City of Whitehorse in its sole discretion may change the start date and/or the closing date, or the competition may be recalled without any prior notice based on the operational requirements of the City or the department under the COVID-19 situation. The City of Whitehorse will hold no obligations to the applicants regarding the competition.